20nm NHS-Activated Silver Nanoparticle Conjugation Kit (10 Reactions)
20nm NHS-activated Silver Nanoparticle Conjugation Kit have been optimized for high efficiency one-step conjugation of proteins and other primary amine-containing ligands to silver nanoparticles.
The kit contains ready-to-use pre-made mixtures. No activation or manipulation of the silver nanoparticles is required prior to conjugation, which often results in poor performing conjugates. Simply mix your protein with the pre-activated NHS ester silver nanoparticles supplied with the kit.
This mini kit contains 10 individual reaction vials with lyophilized NHS-activated silver nanoparticles for performing ten independent conjugation reactions.
- 20nm NHS-Activated Silver Nanoparticles (lyophilized) – 10 vials
- Protein Resuspension Buffer
- Reaction Buffer
- Quencher Solution
Features & Benefits
- Results in covalently bound ligand and more stable conjugate.
- Fast and convenient one-step conjugation reaction with no pre-activation requirements.
- Spacer between the silver nanoparticle surface and conjugated ligand minimizes effects on the tertiary protein structure, which can lead to poor performing conjugates, a common problem seen in conjugates prepared by passive adsorption.
- Precisely engineering surface coating that reduces non-specific protein binding in biological assays.
Gold Nanoparticle Specifications
Surface functionality: NHS-ester (~ 1 NHS group/nm2) (5kDa PEG-spacer between silver surface and NHS-group)
Core diameter: 20nm
Concentration: OD=50 (when dissolved to a final volume of 100ul)
Particles per ml: ~9.2E+12 (when dissolved to a final volume of 100ul)
Absorbance (lambda max): 395-410nm
|Diameter||Peak SPR Wavelength (nm)||NPS/ml*||Wt. Conc. (mg/ml)*||Size Dispersity (+/-nm)||Particle Volume (nm3)||Surface Area (nm2)||Surface/Volume Ratio||Particle Mass (g)||Molar Mass (g/mol)||Molar Concentration*|
* All concentrations as indicated at an optical density of 2.5 (OD=2.5, i.e. absorbance at peak SPR wavelength with a 1cm pathlength)