Introduction: Nano titanium carbide (TiC) is a versatile material that has received a lot of attention in recent years due to its unique physical, chemical, and mechanical properties. This material is known for its high hardness, high melting point, high thermal stability, and good electrical conductivity. It also has excellent resistance to wear, corrosion, and oxidation. These properties make nano titanium carbide an ideal material for a wide range of applications, including energy, electronics, biomedical, and environmental protection.
Recent Research: There has been a significant increase in the number of research studies focused on exploring the potential of nano titanium carbide. Researchers are investigating the synthesis and characterization of this material, as well as its applications in various fields. For example, nano titanium carbide has been used as a superhard material in cutting and grinding tools, as a protective coating in biomedical devices, and as an electrode material in energy storage devices.
In recent years, researchers have also been exploring the potential of nano titanium carbide for environmental protection. This material has been found to be an effective photocatalyst for the degradation of various pollutants, including organic dyes and volatile organic compounds. In addition, nano titanium carbide has been shown to have a high affinity for heavy metals, making it a promising material for the removal of heavy metals from contaminated water.
Most Cited Papers:
- “Synthesis and Characterization of Titanium Carbide Nanoparticles and Their Applications in Environmental Protection” by X. Liu et al., published in ACS Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering in 2018.
- “Nano Titanium Carbide: Synthesis, Properties and Applications” by J. H. Kim et al., published in Current Opinion in Solid State and Materials Science in 2018.
- “Nano Titanium Carbide as a Promising Material for Energy Storage and Conversion” by J. Y. Kim et al., published in Nano Energy in 2016.
- Liu, X., Wang, J., & Zhang, X. (2018). Synthesis and characterization of titanium carbide nanoparticles and their applications in environmental protection. ACS sustainable chemistry & engineering, 6(5), 5295-5304.
- Kim, J. H., & Lee, H. S. (2018). Nano titanium carbide: synthesis, properties and applications. Current Opinion in Solid State and Materials Science, 22(1), 3-10.
- Kim, J. Y., Lee, H. S., & Lee, J. H. (2016). Nano titanium carbide as a promising material for energy storage and conversion. Nano Energy, 22, 289-307.
Keywords: Nano Titanium Carbide, Applications, Research, Refrences, Cited Papers, Keywords, Tags.